In this last article we ask key questions relative to the Parish Plan.
Why was it decided that we needed a Parish Plan?
Because the plan can:
- Help shape a future that you, the community, want to see.
- Reflect the views of ALL sections of the community,not just the few, and include people who traditionally do not involve themselves in parish affairs.
- Help bring diverse community groups and individuals together, breaking down barriers and work towards a common goal.
- Give local people a voice to make decisions affecting their future.
What will our Parish Plan deliver?
- Relevance: being produced by the community at very local level, thereby representing diverse viewpoints wanting to become actively involved in the decision making process.
- A holistic approach: which will help to set out a collective vision. Allowing the community to decide what is important to them NOW – but also considerate of issues that may affect the community in the near future.
- A statement: of how the community sees itself developing over the next few years. A living document, reflecting the collective views of the community. Complete with an action plan which identifies the practical steps to be undertaken to help the community achieve its vision for the future of Alkham and its parishioners.
- Planning applications: when the Parish Council makes comments it can refer to any recommendations made in the Parish Plan. Planning elements of the plan will be regarded as material considerations that will need to be taken into account, as they will have more weight, given that the plan has been subject to Parish Council input and parishioner consultation.
It is your plan, your future. Please come along on the community consultation day, and help contribute to it.