The Parish Council meets eight times a year on the first Monday of the month at Alkham Village Hall at 7.30pm. All members of the public are welcome to attend meetings and at the Interval invited to make comment on issues under discussion.
All documentation is posted for residents via our Meeting and Agendas page.
Alkham Parish Council has seven members plus a Parish clerk (see Councillors page.) There are no wards, and Councillors each represent the whole of the Parish.
- Councillors are elected every four years, the next election being 2023.
- If a councillor resigns mid-term, voters can call for a by-election. If not, the Council can co-opt whomever it chooses.
Community Project Working Groups
- Traffic Action Group (TAG): Geoff Hillier, Resident Support: Glyn Jones, Steve Edwards, Mike Ross, Barry Spicer, Mike Chalkley, Harlan Webber
- Community Led Parish Plan Group (CLPPG): Geoff Hillier, Cllr Den Barnard, Cllr David Beaney, Cllr Martin Hibbert with Resident Support: Gill Butler, Steve Edwards, Glyn Jones, Mairi Jones, Rachel Fountain, Cllr Tracy Prince, Julian Mead, Norma Devereese.
- Recreation Ground Management Committee (as required).
- Planning Committee (as required).
- Events Committee (as required).
- Snow shovelling: Harlan Webber, etc
- Village Clean-Up: Glyn Jones, Harlan Webber, etc